How to use garlic to offer protection to your plants in garden or pots. Learn how to make garlic spray for plant protection by natural means.
What this garlic spray is good for
This simple garlic recipe is good for your plants because it protects your plants from aphids, spider mites and other insects.
- 3 whole garlic
- 1 liter of water
- 5 drops of liquid dish soap
- Fabric or tulle
- 1.5 litre container for storage
How to prepare the garlic spray for plants
- Split the garlic into cloves. Do not peel the cloves.
- Place all the cloves in a blender with a cup of water. Blend the garlic and water until it becomes a paste.
- Add the liquid soap, additional water and continue blending.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the rest of the 1 liter of water.
- Mix well and leave for half an hour.
- Pass the mixture through the cloth or tulle to separate the liquid from the garlic pieces.
- Store the liquid in the container and close the lid so that it is ready to use.
Of course, you can adjust the recipe to your needs, to make less or more of this garlic spray.
How to use
Use the liquid diluted.
Dilute 1 part of the garlic liquid in 10 parts of water. Mix well.
Place the liquid in a sprayer.
Spray the parts of the plant where aphids, spider mites or other harmful insects are present.
Use with care and only when there is a real problem with your plants.
The garlic spray, like other natural remedies, can kill or even discourage beneficial insects.
In spring and summer, our garden and plants are full of insects. Most of them, such as bees, ladybugs, spiders, wasps and several flies, are busy chasing other insects or feeding on flower nectar and are not a threat to plants.